|Original author(s)||Petr Baudiš, Jonas Fonseca|
0.15.1 / 31 July 2022
|Preview release||0.12pre6 (30 October 2012 )|
|Operating system||Linux, Unix|
|Available in||English, Polish, Danish, French, Serbian, Hungarian, Czech, German|
|Type||Text-based web browser|
0.15.0 / December 24, 2021
It began in late 2001 as an experimental fork by Petr Baudiš of the Links Web browser, hence the E in the name. Since then, the E has come to stand for Enhanced or Extended. On 1 September 2004, Baudiš handed maintainership of the project over to Danish developer Jonas Fonseca, citing a lack of time and interest and a desire to spend more time coding rather than reviewing and organising releases.
- HTTP and Proxy authentication
- Persistent HTTP cookies
- Support for browser scripting in Perl, Ruby, Lua and GNU Guile
- Tabs (though still text mode)
- HTML tables and HTML frames
- Background download with queueing
- Some support for Cascading Style Sheets
- Editing of text boxes in external text editor
- Mouse support (including wheel scroll)
- Colour text display
- Protocols supported:
- "Release 0.15.1". 31 July 2022. Retrieved 4 October 2022.
- "ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser". elinks.or.cz. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- "ELinks history page". Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- Fonseca, Jonas (24 December 2004). "[elinks-users] [ANNOUNCE] ELinks-0.10.0 (Thelma)". Linux From Scratch. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- Barrett, Edd (17 March 2017). "Remove www/elinks from the ports tree".
- Bolso, Erik Inge (8 March 2005). "2005 Text Mode Browser Roundup". Linux Journal. Retrieved 5 August 2010.